Score Increase Guaranteed
At Curvebreakers we want you to know that your purchase is 100% risk free. If your score does not improve, we will give you your money back. Learn more about our terms and conditions.
"This was the best decision I've made. I now feel so much more confident in my test-taking abilities!" -- Tammy
Lessons are structured to lead students through the most important concepts on all 4 sections
Features over 5-1/2 hours of instructional videos that are no more than 30 minutes each in length.
Includes downloadable PDFs to covering fundamentals and strategies.
When you enroll in this course, your progress is saved and you can return at any time to continue.
Learn test strategies from PSAT exam experts, including 'Nick The Tutor' and Pro Tutor Brittany Verlezza who personally help hundreds of students each year achieve success.
Feel good about your PSAT prep
❝You can tell Curvebreakers is invested in my daughter's success, not only by getting the best score she can, but also in making sure she is confident and comfortable with the material.❞
❝I strongly endorse Curvebreakers! Nick worked with my son in prepping for both the SAT and ACT. My son immediately connected with Nick, which resulted in him achieving excellent scores on the exams. Curvebreakers helped him get into one of the top business schools in the nation. Thank you!❞
❝We couldn’t be happier with our daughter's progress at Curvebreakers and have been recommending you to everyone we know.❞
❝I will definitely use Curvebreakers again! Your company has been very professional and so helpful!❞
This focuses on the most effective strategies that can be used throughout the exam as well as the best strategies for each section. Learn the strategies and how to use them on your own.
Includes 23 total videos. Watch an expert explain the strategy behind the questions and use them in practice so you can MASTER the exam.
In addition to video lessons, this course includes 4 PDF downloads of review materials for each section of the PSAT and punctuation.
A You-Tube Style Video Course with Real PSAT Instruction
Course Instructors Brittany & Nick are real tutors who work year-round with students. The goal of this course is to produce content that students actually want to watch while providing strategies that make actionable improvement in their scores.
Your Course Instructors
aka Nick The Tutor
Owner of Curvebreakers
Juris Doctor, Benjamin N. Cardozo Law School
B.A. Psychology, Quinnipiac University
Nicholas LaPoma, aka "Nick The tutor," is the owner of Curvebreakers, a tutoring company on Long Island that helps students from all over the country prepare for standardized tests and improve their grades. While earning his law degree at Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York City, he began working for large tutoring companies, preparing middle school and high school students around the city for exams like the SHSAT, SAT, and ACT. He often felt their approach to test prep was too rigid, impersonal, and not adaptive to each student's learning style. Nick knew there was a better and more effective way to help students improve their test scores. A few years later in 2014, Nick founded Curvebreakers Test Prep and dedicated all his time and energy to preparing students for college. He personally scored in the 99th-percentile on the SAT.
B.S. Mathematics, Stony Brook University
Brittany has been working as a tutor, both privately and professionally, for more than 10 years. She began to develop a love and knack for teaching while working as a teacher’s assistant at Stony Brook University, where she earned a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics in 2011. Following graduation, she held multiple positions in higher education, working at Long Island University’s learning support center, and later going on to work as an adjunct math professor at St. Paul’s School of Nursing. She has worked with students of all ages and learning styles, and is excited to provide students not only with the skills and knowledge required to tackle their SATs/ACTs, but the confidence needed to perform well in what can be a high-stress setting. Brittany scored in the 99th-percentile on the SAT and ACT as well.
PSAT Strategy Accelerator Course Curriculum
- Reading Section Introduction (6:35)
- General Strategies for Approaching the Reading Section (19:48)
- Common Question Types and How To Identify Them (19:22)
- Time Management Strategies (8:45)
- Worked Passage (20:56)
- Tips For The Historical and Paired Passages (with practice passage) (18:59)
- What’s next? (4:56)
Frequently Asked Questions
How is this course different from other online PSAT courses?
- First, not many high-quality, affordable online PSAT courses exist.
- Most other courses have students practice very many practice questions without the students ever learning why they are doing the practice questions or what the strategies are that will help them on a test they’ve never taken.
- This course focuses solely on the strategies and tips to improve your score.
Who are the course instructors?
- Nicholas LaPoma and Brittany Verlezza are instructors at Curvebreakers, a tutoring company located in Long Island, NY. Nicholas LaPoma is the owner and Brittany Verlezza is a Pro Tutor with over 10 years of experience.
How long does it take to complete it?
- The course contains approximately 20 instructional videos that range from 15-30 minutes in length. The total course takes a little over 5-1/2 hours to complete, which realistically takes most students about 1-2 weeks to complete.
Who is this course ideal for?
- All Students!
- Students who are just beginning their prep will find this a great introduction to the exam and can use the different strategies they learn here throughout their test preparation. Students can also revisit the course in the final weeks leading up to their official exam for a review the most essential information.
- Students already tutoring privately or attending a class will find this course to be a perfect supplement to their preparation.
My exam is in 1 week - will this course still be helpful or is it too late to enroll?
- Because each section contains several videos broken into specific topics & strategies, the course is also very useful to students looking for a comprehensive review before their official exam.
Does it cover all four sections of the exam?
- The course goes through what each section is and what’s on the test, the different types of questions in each section, what strategy is best for each section, how to work within the time constraints, and tips and tricks to quickly increase your score.
The Most Effective PSAT Strategies All in One Place
Course Registration: $59
(Regular Price: $99)
Have questions about the course or want to speak with a test prep expert? Contact Us.