The most effective ACT Math strategies to get you ready fast.
Feel good about your ACT prep
❝You can tell Curvebreakers is invested in my daughter's success, not only by getting the best score she can, but also in making sure she is confident and comfortable with the material.❞
❝I strongly endorse Curvebreakers! Nick worked with my son in prepping for both the SAT and ACT. My son immediately connected with Nick, which resulted in him achieving excellent scores on the exams. Curvebreakers helped him get into one of the top business schools in the nation. Thank you!❞
Easy to Complete & to Apply New Skills
The ACT Math Strategy Course is a part of the full course, ACT Strategy Accelerator Course. It provides students with an overview of the ACT Math section, how to read use your calculator to save time, jump-start a question you don't know how to answer, and much more.
When you enroll in this course, your progress is saved and you can return at any time to continue.
Learn ACT strategies from top instructors at Curvebreakers, including 'Nick The Tutor' and Brittany Verlezza.
ACT MATH Strategy Course Curriculum
Course Instructor: Brittany Verlezza
B.S. Mathematics, Stony Brook University
Brittany has been working as a tutor, both privately and professionally, for more than 10 years. She began to develop a love and knack for teaching while working as a teacher’s assistant at Stony Brook University, where she earned a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics in 2011. Following graduation, she held multiple positions in higher education, working at Long Island University’s learning support center, and later going on to work as an adjunct math professor at St. Paul’s School of Nursing. She has worked with students of all ages and learning styles, and is excited to provide students not only with the skills and knowledge required to tackle their SATs/ACTs, but the confidence needed to perform well in what can be a high-stress setting. Brittany scored in the 99th-percentile on the SAT and ACT as well.
This course teaches you how to approach the test in a new way and introduces the top strategies for increasing your ACT Math score.
This "YouTube-Style" course with digital whiteboard instruction includes 5 videos for a total run time of 1 hour 25 minutes.
Download general Math strategies, formulas, and exam information you need to know.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will the course become available?
- The course officially launches on March 3rd, 2021. A pre-sale starts on February 24th where the course will be available for $13.99 (regular course price: $30). On March 3rd, students who enrolled during the pre-sale will gain access to their course.
How is this course different from other online ACT courses?
- Many ACT courses have students practice very many practice questions without the students ever learning why they are doing the practice questions or what the strategies are that will help them on a test they’ve never taken. This course focuses solely on the strategies and tips to improve your score, specifically the ACT Math sections.
Who is the course instructor?
- Nicholas LaPoma and Brittany Verlezza are instructors at Curvebreakers, a tutoring company located in Long Island, NY. Nicholas LaPoma is the owner and Brittany Verlezza is a Pro Tutor with over 10 years of experience with a degree in mathematics from Stony Brook University.
How long does it take to complete it?
- The course contains approximately 1 hour and 25 minutes of video instruction broken into 5 separate videos. Students can complete the course within 1-2 days and re-watch it as the need to.
Who is this course ideal for?
- All Students!
- Students who are just beginning their prep will find this a great introduction to the exam and can use the different strategies they learn here throughout their test preparation. Students can also revisit the course in the final weeks leading up to their official exam for a review the most essential information.
- Students already tutoring privately or attending a class will find this course to be a perfect supplement to their preparation.
My exam is in 1 week - will this course still be helpful or is it too late to enroll?
- It is not too late to enroll. Because the course contains several videos broken into specific topics & strategies, the course is also very useful to students looking for a comprehensive review of the ACT Math sections before their official exam.